Suicide Prevention & Bereavement Supports
The attached are a number of resources that may be of help to you. This includes the following:
- HSE Bereavement Leaflet – Services across North Dublin – printed versions available to order from undersigned.
- Experiencing a traumatic event – suitable for printing and sharing online.
- If you have been bereaved by Suicide Booklet – available to print or order online.
- Managing Covid-19 Stress – suitable for printing/sharing.
- Responding to a person in Suicidal Distress
- Stress Control Online Programme – online suitable for all.
- Supporting someone bereaved by suicide – leaflet – suitable for all – self print or order online.
- Supporting Children and Young People Bereaved by Suicide Booklet – suitable for all – self print or order online.
- The Irish Hospice Foundation have developed a number of leaflets in relation to bereavement. These can be found at https://hospicefoundation.ie/bereavement-2-2/
The leaflets/booklets mentioned above that can be ordered on-line may be done through the following website: www.healthpromotion.ie.
To advise, the National Office for Suicide Prevention fund the position of a Suicide Bereavement Liaison Officer (placed within Pieta) and operates across Dublin North City and County. This service provides support and practical information and guidance immediately after a death by suicide. The Suicide Bereavement Liaison Officer can provide support from 48 hour after a loss through suicide. If further therapeutic intervention is required after 8 sessions the SBLO service can refer individuals to suicide bereavement therapy.
The Suicide Bereavement Liaison Officer for Dublin North City and County is Kate O’Mahony and may be contacted on: 085 870 6574
I have also attached a copy of our Dublin North Covid-19 Mental Health Supports Poster, detailing the operation and access to services, both statutory and community, across the North Dublin area – this again can be disseminated by email or printed as you see fit.
If you wish to discuss any of the above, or to be provided with guidance, advice, support or signposting to services please contact:
- Sandra Taylor (for Dublin North City) on 087 249 0835,
- John Duffy (Dublin North County) on 086 0214 241 or (01) 795 8993
62396-HSE-Bereavement Supports final
Experiencing a traumatic event
If you have been bereaved by Suicide booklet - Copy
Managing Covid-19 Stress MHDNCC
Responding to a Person in Suicidal Distress - a Guidance Document_2
Stress Control Onlin Programme DNCC
Supporting Children and Young People Bereaved by Suicide
Supporting someone bereaved by suicide